Did you blank it?
For those who blanked it and want to talk about it.
Conversations about the stuff no one else is willing to talk about in movies, television, and books.
- Quidditch And The Snitch Problem: This Sport Makes No Sense [Harry Potter]All Harry Potter fans love quidditch. And that love causes us to look the other way at some of the more obvious absurdities of the sport. Because quidditch is delightful!Continue reading “Quidditch And The Snitch Problem: This Sport Makes No Sense [Harry Potter]”
- You Go Around And Pity For Yourself [The Sopranos] (Season 6A)If an unexamined life is not worth living than an unexamined series is not worth ending. And The Sopranos season 6A, the great build-up to the great ending of a great season,Continue reading “You Go Around And Pity For Yourself [The Sopranos] (Season 6A)”
- The Meme Maker [Crazy, Stupid, Love]I just watched Crazy, Stupid, Love for the first time. It was pretty good. I laughed quite a bit even if those collective moments didn’t make an amazing movie. But what IContinue reading “The Meme Maker [Crazy, Stupid, Love]”
- My Top 50 Favorite Nonfiction Books (Ranked)Collecting my top 50 favorite nonfiction books took a long time. I only add books to the list when I give them a 5-star rating. And I had to readContinue reading “My Top 50 Favorite Nonfiction Books (Ranked)”
- One Cut Was Enough This post was written over a year ago after seeing 1917 in theaters. For some reason, I did not get around to posting it until now. The first timeContinue reading “One Cut Was Enough ”
- Christmas Lights Scene: RUN [Stranger Things]All three seasons of the Stranger Things series have been good thus far, but even so, I, and a lot of people, will remember the series for one moment in particular. THEContinue reading “Christmas Lights Scene: RUN [Stranger Things]”
- Technology In Film: As Seen In [Patriot Games]It’s not even worth pointing out how quickly technology has advanced. We see it and live it every day. But there are moments where this hyper-acceleration of technologies comes intoContinue reading “Technology In Film: As Seen In [Patriot Games]”
- My List Of Most Read Authors By Book CountTrue confessions: I am a book hoarder. I do not rent books or buy e-books, I buy my books and they all sit behind my desk on carefully curated shelves,Continue reading “My List Of Most Read Authors By Book Count”
- Ranking The Deaths In [Jurassic Park]Jurassic Park is a subtle tribute to the inherent duality of life. How technology can both be good or bad, nature can be both beautiful and deadly, life is both goodContinue reading “Ranking The Deaths In [Jurassic Park]”
- Tony’s Pride [The Sopranos] (Season 5) Part 2In my first post about season five of The Sopranos, I addressed how heavy the season felt due to an existential crisis the likes of which the series had not experiencedContinue reading “Tony’s Pride [The Sopranos] (Season 5) Part 2”
- Language, Wharfianism, Diplomacy, and [Arrival]Arrival is a movie about language- its importance and how it impacts those who use it. Most of the movie is based on a linguistic field of study popularized by BenjaminContinue reading “Language, Wharfianism, Diplomacy, and [Arrival]”
- The Threat Of New York [The Sopranos] (Season 5) Part IThe Sopranos season five is heavy. Spurred on by the release of imprisoned mafiosos back into the hands of both the Jersey and the New York crime families, the season ridesContinue reading “The Threat Of New York [The Sopranos] (Season 5) Part I”
Seinfeld went off the air in 1998. That is officially 22 years ago. And yet, Seinfeld-isms abound in our modern lexicon- words and phrases that were either invented or given a boost into the realms of common slang by the show. Language changes rapidly. Just imagine if someone was saying ‘groovy’ or ‘square’ or ‘far-out’Continue reading “The Language of [Seinfeld]: 22 Years Later”
The closing scene of Mindhunter season two lasts one minute and nine seconds. One minute and nine seconds of the freakiest shit in television. When I first watched this scene, I behaved like a person pretending to be a person watching a horror movie. I turned away. I grabbed my hair. I covered my eyesContinue reading “The Closing Scene of [Mindhunter] (Season 2)”
Nobody in The Sopranos seems to know any correct idioms, colloquialisms, adages, or allusions. They are a font of malapropisms. This inclusion in the writing is a nice ode to the street smarts versus book smarts element of the show. What follows is a dictionary of some of the best (not all) of The Sopranos malapropisms, misnomers,Continue reading “Dictionary of Malapropisms [Sopranos]”
According to Screen Rant, the mysterious Player X played by Michael Cera in Molly’s Game, is actually, probably, most likely, none other than…Tobey Maguire? I don’t phrase that as a question because I don’t think it’s true. Their argument is convincing, and you should read the article if you remain skeptical. But the implications of Tobey MaguireContinue reading “Tobey Maguire is Player X? [Molly’s Game]”
Insults in Succession are a microcosm of the dark comedy culture the TV show creates. Some are hilarious, others are devastatingly cruel, lots are both. But they are enmeshed in the fabric of the show and the characters complex relationships to each other. Most of the characters in Succession do not have the time, desire,Continue reading “Best Insults In All Of [Succession]”
Follow My Blog
Get new content delivered directly to your inbox.