Did you blank it?
For those who blanked it and want to talk about it.
Conversations about the stuff no one else is willing to talk about in movies, television, and books.
- Pie-O-My [The Sopranos]Tony killing Ralphie felt destined, but in true The Sopranos fashion it caught the viewer off guard- not that it happened, but when and why it happened. It didn’t happenContinue reading “Pie-O-My [The Sopranos]”
- Doing Something Great Is Overrated [Mare of Easttown]The complexity of life in the modern age is overwhelming. A community has so much to consider: climate change, mass incarceration, system inequality, wealth gaps, drug addiction, foreign affairs, andContinue reading “Doing Something Great Is Overrated [Mare of Easttown]”
- Themed Recommendation List: Cultural MemoryOne of my favorite by-products of Themed Readings, is when a series of books align on an idea I’d never even considered before, creating a through-line that is resonant andContinue reading “Themed Recommendation List: Cultural Memory”
- Is Tony Soprano Dead? [The Sopranos] (Season 6B)I mean of course he was going to die. One of my biggest entertainment wishes is to go back in time and watch The Sopranos finale live. I want toContinue reading “Is Tony Soprano Dead? [The Sopranos] (Season 6B)”
- Ranking [Star Wars] FilmsI love ranking things (as you can tell from a lot of my prior posts). But I have stumbled into a contentious debate with this particular list. However, I decidedContinue reading “Ranking [Star Wars] Films”
- The Veil Of Truth [Uncut Gems]When writing about Uncut Gems one writes about its stress-inducing, anxiety triggering plotline, as I did after I first watched it. However, after almost a year, I think there wasContinue reading “The Veil Of Truth [Uncut Gems]”
- Themed Recommendation List: 60’s California Drug CultureAs any good nerd, I find unmatched joy in making rich connections between the many media I may be consuming at any time. My usual routine is to be readingContinue reading “Themed Recommendation List: 60’s California Drug Culture”
- Quidditch And The Snitch Problem: This Sport Makes No Sense [Harry Potter]All Harry Potter fans love quidditch. And that love causes us to look the other way at some of the more obvious absurdities of the sport. Because quidditch is delightful!Continue reading “Quidditch And The Snitch Problem: This Sport Makes No Sense [Harry Potter]”
- You Go Around And Pity For Yourself [The Sopranos] (Season 6A)If an unexamined life is not worth living than an unexamined series is not worth ending. And The Sopranos season 6A, the great build-up to the great ending of a great season,Continue reading “You Go Around And Pity For Yourself [The Sopranos] (Season 6A)”
- The Meme Maker [Crazy, Stupid, Love]I just watched Crazy, Stupid, Love for the first time. It was pretty good. I laughed quite a bit even if those collective moments didn’t make an amazing movie. But what IContinue reading “The Meme Maker [Crazy, Stupid, Love]”
- My Top 50 Favorite Nonfiction Books (Ranked)Collecting my top 50 favorite nonfiction books took a long time. I only add books to the list when I give them a 5-star rating. And I had to readContinue reading “My Top 50 Favorite Nonfiction Books (Ranked)”
- One Cut Was Enough This post was written over a year ago after seeing 1917 in theaters. For some reason, I did not get around to posting it until now. The first timeContinue reading “One Cut Was Enough ”
Seinfeld went off the air in 1998. That is officially 22 years ago. And yet, Seinfeld-isms abound in our modern lexicon- words and phrases that were either invented or given a boost into the realms of common slang by the show. Language changes rapidly. Just imagine if someone was saying ‘groovy’ or ‘square’ or ‘far-out’Continue reading “The Language of [Seinfeld]: 22 Years Later”
The closing scene of Mindhunter season two lasts one minute and nine seconds. One minute and nine seconds of the freakiest shit in television. When I first watched this scene, I behaved like a person pretending to be a person watching a horror movie. I turned away. I grabbed my hair. I covered my eyesContinue reading “The Closing Scene of [Mindhunter] (Season 2)”
Nobody in The Sopranos seems to know any correct idioms, colloquialisms, adages, or allusions. They are a font of malapropisms. This inclusion in the writing is a nice ode to the street smarts versus book smarts element of the show. What follows is a dictionary of some of the best (not all) of The Sopranos malapropisms, misnomers,Continue reading “Dictionary of Malapropisms [Sopranos]”
According to Screen Rant, the mysterious Player X played by Michael Cera in Molly’s Game, is actually, probably, most likely, none other than…Tobey Maguire? I don’t phrase that as a question because I don’t think it’s true. Their argument is convincing, and you should read the article if you remain skeptical. But the implications of Tobey MaguireContinue reading “Tobey Maguire is Player X? [Molly’s Game]”
Insults in Succession are a microcosm of the dark comedy culture the TV show creates. Some are hilarious, others are devastatingly cruel, lots are both. But they are enmeshed in the fabric of the show and the characters complex relationships to each other. Most of the characters in Succession do not have the time, desire,Continue reading “Best Insults In All Of [Succession]”
Follow My Blog
Get new content delivered directly to your inbox.