Did you blank it?
For those who blanked it and want to talk about it.
Conversations about the stuff no one else is willing to talk about in movies, television, and books.
- Is [My Week With Marilyn] True?: Based on a true storyMichelle Williams is so jaw-droppingly amazing as Marilyn Monroe, that when the movie finally ends, and the credits roll, and you remember once again that this was a film andContinue reading “Is [My Week With Marilyn] True?: Based on a true story”
- Empathy Through Reading: Recommendations During Racial Unrest“Many of our white brothers, as evidenced by their presence here today, have come to realize that their destiny is tied up with our destiny. And they have come toContinue reading “Empathy Through Reading: Recommendations During Racial Unrest”
- The Winds of Winter Support Group: When Will The Winds of Winter be released? [A Song of Ice and Fire]I hereby begin the first session of The Winds of Winter Support Group. Welcome everyone. I am Mr. Blue, I will be leading this first session. So, a little bitContinue reading “The Winds of Winter Support Group: When Will The Winds of Winter be released? [A Song of Ice and Fire]”
- Can We Talk About [Fight Club]?How much can you know about yourself if you’ve never been in a fight? I know this title is in poor standing with the first two rules of Fight Club,Continue reading “Can We Talk About [Fight Club]?”
- Babu Bhatt: An Appreciation for The Minor Characters of [Seinfeld]My favorite of the minor Seinfeld characters is Babu Bhatt. His lines were good enough (“You bad man. You very very bad man.”) his actions replicable enough (that finger wag though- challengingContinue reading “Babu Bhatt: An Appreciation for The Minor Characters of [Seinfeld]”
- [Tenet] Release Date: A Christopher Nolan ProductionIn case you haven’t heard, Tenet, Christopher Nolan’s new film, is now set to be released on July 31st (for now). The waffling and wavering of when Tenet will be released amidst a movie theaterContinue reading “[Tenet] Release Date: A Christopher Nolan Production”
- The Language of [Seinfeld]: 22 Years LaterSeinfeld went off the air in 1998. That is officially 22 years ago. And yet, Seinfeld-isms abound in our modern lexicon- words and phrases that were either invented or givenContinue reading “The Language of [Seinfeld]: 22 Years Later”
- An Ode to Babu Frik: Hey-HEYYYY [Star Wars The Rise of Skywalker]When to talk like Babu Frik When walking into a room and introducing yourself… “Hey-HEYYYYY” After completing a task… “Hey-HEYYYYY” When someone is doing something wrong… “Hey-HEYYYYY” As a pick-upContinue reading “An Ode to Babu Frik: Hey-HEYYYY [Star Wars The Rise of Skywalker]”
- Why Did Kendall Steal The Batteries? [Succession]In the midst of the delay of shooting the third season of Succession, I have been wandering the internet realm of Succession discussions. In that wonderful world of Tom quotes, Roman/Gerri memes, andContinue reading “Why Did Kendall Steal The Batteries? [Succession]”
- The Shape Of Characters In Pixar’s [Up]This piece is by a contributor to Did You blank It? (not Mr. Blue) who wishes to remain anonymous. If you are interesting in contributing to the site please don’tContinue reading “The Shape Of Characters In Pixar’s [Up]”
- This Is How I Win [Uncut Gems]Is it possible for a movie to be good when you don’t enjoy any of it? Movie goers butt up against this question in many forms, from people asking themContinue reading “This Is How I Win [Uncut Gems]”
- I Don’t Like Elizabeth Holmes [Bad Blood by John Carreyrou]This post is a representation of an opinion that was developed solely on my reading of Bad Blood by John Carreyrou I don’t like Elizabeth Holmes and that annoying piss-antContinue reading “I Don’t Like Elizabeth Holmes [Bad Blood by John Carreyrou]”
Seinfeld went off the air in 1998. That is officially 22 years ago. And yet, Seinfeld-isms abound in our modern lexicon- words and phrases that were either invented or given a boost into the realms of common slang by the show. Language changes rapidly. Just imagine if someone was saying ‘groovy’ or ‘square’ or ‘far-out’Continue reading “The Language of [Seinfeld]: 22 Years Later”
The closing scene of Mindhunter season two lasts one minute and nine seconds. One minute and nine seconds of the freakiest shit in television. When I first watched this scene, I behaved like a person pretending to be a person watching a horror movie. I turned away. I grabbed my hair. I covered my eyesContinue reading “The Closing Scene of [Mindhunter] (Season 2)”
In the infamous Boar on the Floor scene in Succession. Greg gets frustrated because he gets told to sit on the floor after he thought he gave the right answer. “But those are the rules!” he claimed. To which Logan replied, “There are no rules.” But what if there were rules. As best as can beContinue reading “Rulebook for ‘Boar on the Floor’ [Succession]”
Insults in Succession are a microcosm of the dark comedy culture the TV show creates. Some are hilarious, others are devastatingly cruel, lots are both. But they are enmeshed in the fabric of the show and the characters complex relationships to each other. Most of the characters in Succession do not have the time, desire,Continue reading “Best Insults In All Of [Succession]”
Nobody in The Sopranos seems to know any correct idioms, colloquialisms, adages, or allusions. They are a font of malapropisms. This inclusion in the writing is a nice ode to the street smarts versus book smarts element of the show. What follows is a dictionary of some of the best (not all) of The Sopranos malapropisms, misnomers,Continue reading “Dictionary of Malapropisms [Sopranos]”
Follow My Blog
Get new content delivered directly to your inbox.