Did you blank it?
For those who blanked it and want to talk about it.
Conversations about the stuff no one else is willing to talk about in movies, television, and books.
- May You Live Forever 300, on the surface, is a muscled up, no nonsense, punch you in the nose, energy filled, masculine head-trip. But the movie is based on Greek history and as such itContinue reading “May You Live Forever ”
- The Not-so Repetitive, Repetitive Approach Of [Palm Springs]Love stories and life have three things in common (sorry for the bullshit opener but I swear this will work)… They get monotonous An amazing person can help get youContinue reading “The Not-so Repetitive, Repetitive Approach Of [Palm Springs]”
- [Old Guard] New ActionI grew up on action films. They are, when I think about going to see a movie, the genre I imagine myself watching. And yet it feels like right nowContinue reading “[Old Guard] New Action”
- Why We Need Season 3 Of [Mindhunter]Am I doing this? Am I actually doing this? Am I going to write an entire post about something that doesn’t need saying? This post will be the appendix ofContinue reading “Why We Need Season 3 Of [Mindhunter]”
- The Glare Of The [Friday Night Lights]My first exposure to Friday Night Lights (movie, book, and TV show) was through the responses from others who had seen the film or show (not many, if any, had read theContinue reading “The Glare Of The [Friday Night Lights]”
- Simply Bullshit [Fleabag] (Season 1)Fleabag is the latest installment in the dark comedies the world finds more relatable than the sitcoms of the 90s to the early 2000s or the non-laugh track series ofContinue reading “Simply Bullshit [Fleabag] (Season 1)”
- Dream Heist Team [Inception]Inception is a very particular type of heist movie, but it is a heist movie, and as with all heist movies, Inception has a clear designation of roles on the heist team. The charactersContinue reading “Dream Heist Team [Inception]”
- Tom and Greg “We Here For You”: A Beautiful Relationship [Succession]Tom and Greg have a special bond developed over these two seasons of Succession. They have become America’s sweethearts through the hilarity of their interactions. Through moments where they first meetContinue reading “Tom and Greg “We Here For You”: A Beautiful Relationship [Succession]”
- The Soundtrack for [Eurovision Song Contest: The Story Of Fire Saga]I’m not sure if Eurovision is a good movie. I think I am supposed to know but often with comedies like this we need to wait and see how it sinks intoContinue reading “The Soundtrack for [Eurovision Song Contest: The Story Of Fire Saga]”
- Is [My Week With Marilyn] True?: Based on a true storyMichelle Williams is so jaw-droppingly amazing as Marilyn Monroe, that when the movie finally ends, and the credits roll, and you remember once again that this was a film andContinue reading “Is [My Week With Marilyn] True?: Based on a true story”
- Empathy Through Reading: Recommendations During Racial Unrest“Many of our white brothers, as evidenced by their presence here today, have come to realize that their destiny is tied up with our destiny. And they have come toContinue reading “Empathy Through Reading: Recommendations During Racial Unrest”
- The Winds of Winter Support Group: When Will The Winds of Winter be released? [A Song of Ice and Fire]I hereby begin the first session of The Winds of Winter Support Group. Welcome everyone. I am Mr. Blue, I will be leading this first session. So, a little bitContinue reading “The Winds of Winter Support Group: When Will The Winds of Winter be released? [A Song of Ice and Fire]”
Seinfeld went off the air in 1998. That is officially 22 years ago. And yet, Seinfeld-isms abound in our modern lexicon- words and phrases that were either invented or given a boost into the realms of common slang by the show. Language changes rapidly. Just imagine if someone was saying ‘groovy’ or ‘square’ or ‘far-out’Continue reading “The Language of [Seinfeld]: 22 Years Later”
The closing scene of Mindhunter season two lasts one minute and nine seconds. One minute and nine seconds of the freakiest shit in television. When I first watched this scene, I behaved like a person pretending to be a person watching a horror movie. I turned away. I grabbed my hair. I covered my eyesContinue reading “The Closing Scene of [Mindhunter] (Season 2)”
In the infamous Boar on the Floor scene in Succession. Greg gets frustrated because he gets told to sit on the floor after he thought he gave the right answer. “But those are the rules!” he claimed. To which Logan replied, “There are no rules.” But what if there were rules. As best as can beContinue reading “Rulebook for ‘Boar on the Floor’ [Succession]”
Insults in Succession are a microcosm of the dark comedy culture the TV show creates. Some are hilarious, others are devastatingly cruel, lots are both. But they are enmeshed in the fabric of the show and the characters complex relationships to each other. Most of the characters in Succession do not have the time, desire,Continue reading “Best Insults In All Of [Succession]”
Nobody in The Sopranos seems to know any correct idioms, colloquialisms, adages, or allusions. They are a font of malapropisms. This inclusion in the writing is a nice ode to the street smarts versus book smarts element of the show. What follows is a dictionary of some of the best (not all) of The Sopranos malapropisms, misnomers,Continue reading “Dictionary of Malapropisms [Sopranos]”
Follow My Blog
Get new content delivered directly to your inbox.