Did you blank it?
For those who blanked it and want to talk about it.
Conversations about the stuff no one else is willing to talk about in movies, television, and books.
- Advertising For [Jurassic World] and [Jurassic Park]I am intrigued by the Jurassic World additions to the Jurassic Park trilogy because of the unaddressed but very present notion that after the terrible events of Jurassic Park, whereContinue reading “Advertising For [Jurassic World] and [Jurassic Park]”
- Best Stewy Moments [Succession]If you watch [Succession] Did you blank it? has a lot more to talk about with you… Go to our Watch page, or scroll to the bottom of this postContinue reading “Best Stewy Moments [Succession]”
- I Got Hitler On My Mind [Jojo Rabbit]Due to the strangeness of certain decisions in the film, as well as an overarching public narrative about it being too odd, it’s easy to dismiss Jojo Rabbit as ludicrous and silly.Continue reading “I Got Hitler On My Mind [Jojo Rabbit]”
- The Meaning Of ‘Those Goddamn Ducks’ [The Sopranos]The Sopranos is a show about family, nuclear and crime, and in the pilot episode, a family of ducks grows up in Tony’s pool and then flies away. Get theContinue reading “The Meaning Of ‘Those Goddamn Ducks’ [The Sopranos]”
- Pennywise the Clown [It]I want to start with a simple premise: Pennywise the Clown scares the shit out of a lot of people. To expand on this premise, I want to state thatContinue reading “Pennywise the Clown [It]”
- If Rabbit Was Alive Today [The Rabbit Angstrom Series by John Updike]Rabbit Angstrom became the de-facto American perspective in the literary world from 1960-1990 because of John Updike’s Rabbit Angstrom Series, in which he wrote another installation at the end of everyContinue reading “If Rabbit Was Alive Today [The Rabbit Angstrom Series by John Updike]”
- [Nightcrawler] Movie Review: An Uncomfortable RelationshipNightcrawler was released in 2014, and since then has, very unfortunately, become more and more prescient in its understanding of the escalation of news and the complicated relationship we formContinue reading “[Nightcrawler] Movie Review: An Uncomfortable Relationship”
- Personal Top 50 Fiction Book List (Ranked)I have been keeping track of all fiction books that I have given 5/5 stars since I have started reading. I finally have made it to 50 and have putContinue reading “Personal Top 50 Fiction Book List (Ranked)”
- I Can’t Beat It [Manchester By The Sea]I knew I would like Manchester By The Sea, and I assumed I would love it. I was right. But it took a couple years on my watch list, and sixContinue reading “I Can’t Beat It [Manchester By The Sea]”
- Noteworthy Book-Movie AdaptationsThis isn’t a list of the best book-movie adaptations, or a list of movies that are better than the books or vice-versa. I just think these are some of theContinue reading “Noteworthy Book-Movie Adaptations”
- The Setting Of [Prisoners]During my first watch, I didn’t notice if Prisoners stated it was located in a certain town or city or state, and I didn’t feel any need to go back and check.Continue reading “The Setting Of [Prisoners]”
- Business Advice According To [Succession]“Sometimes it is a big dick competition.” – Logan Roy (S01 E04) Logan’s advice to Kendall is at the core of their business clash and represents a significant tension upon which Succession hinges. LoganContinue reading “Business Advice According To [Succession]”
Seinfeld went off the air in 1998. That is officially 22 years ago. And yet, Seinfeld-isms abound in our modern lexicon- words and phrases that were either invented or given a boost into the realms of common slang by the show. Language changes rapidly. Just imagine if someone was saying ‘groovy’ or ‘square’ or ‘far-out’Continue reading “The Language of [Seinfeld]: 22 Years Later”
The closing scene of Mindhunter season two lasts one minute and nine seconds. One minute and nine seconds of the freakiest shit in television. When I first watched this scene, I behaved like a person pretending to be a person watching a horror movie. I turned away. I grabbed my hair. I covered my eyesContinue reading “The Closing Scene of [Mindhunter] (Season 2)”
Nobody in The Sopranos seems to know any correct idioms, colloquialisms, adages, or allusions. They are a font of malapropisms. This inclusion in the writing is a nice ode to the street smarts versus book smarts element of the show. What follows is a dictionary of some of the best (not all) of The Sopranos malapropisms, misnomers,Continue reading “Dictionary of Malapropisms [Sopranos]”
According to Screen Rant, the mysterious Player X played by Michael Cera in Molly’s Game, is actually, probably, most likely, none other than…Tobey Maguire? I don’t phrase that as a question because I don’t think it’s true. Their argument is convincing, and you should read the article if you remain skeptical. But the implications of Tobey MaguireContinue reading “Tobey Maguire is Player X? [Molly’s Game]”
Insults in Succession are a microcosm of the dark comedy culture the TV show creates. Some are hilarious, others are devastatingly cruel, lots are both. But they are enmeshed in the fabric of the show and the characters complex relationships to each other. Most of the characters in Succession do not have the time, desire,Continue reading “Best Insults In All Of [Succession]”
Follow My Blog
Get new content delivered directly to your inbox.