Did you blank it?
For those who blanked it and want to talk about it.
Conversations about the stuff no one else is willing to talk about in movies, television, and books.
- The Water Plot Hole In [Signs]: A RebuttalI posted on Tuesday about Signs and the beauty I saw in its message. I then, as I usually do, shared the post on relevant sub-Reddits, one of which beingContinue reading “The Water Plot Hole In [Signs]: A Rebuttal”
- Do You Believe In [Signs]?: Movie Review And ExplanationI’d never watched Signs before this past weekend. The reasons are easy enough to enumerate. I am not a big horror fan, and upon the movie’s release, the people IContinue reading “Do You Believe In [Signs]?: Movie Review And Explanation”
- Season Recaps Of [The Sopranos]The Sopranos has been my favorite show for some time now, sometimes switching with The Wire but mostly staying on top. So my journey to write “Long Overdue Recaps” ofContinue reading “Season Recaps Of [The Sopranos]”
- Was [Big Little Lies] Season 2 Good?Big Little Lies season one found a decent splash in the online world, and I followed along as the season played out. I even read the book by Liane MoriartyContinue reading “Was [Big Little Lies] Season 2 Good?”
- The Men of Easttown [Mare of Easttown]Mare of Easttown is phenomenal for many reasons, one of them being the tour-de-force performance by Kate Winslett as Mare. And that performance creates a strong representation of women inContinue reading “The Men of Easttown [Mare of Easttown]”
- Pie-O-My [The Sopranos]Tony killing Ralphie felt destined, but in true The Sopranos fashion it caught the viewer off guard- not that it happened, but when and why it happened. It didn’t happenContinue reading “Pie-O-My [The Sopranos]”
- Doing Something Great Is Overrated [Mare of Easttown]The complexity of life in the modern age is overwhelming. A community has so much to consider: climate change, mass incarceration, system inequality, wealth gaps, drug addiction, foreign affairs, andContinue reading “Doing Something Great Is Overrated [Mare of Easttown]”
- Themed Recommendation List: Cultural MemoryOne of my favorite by-products of Themed Readings, is when a series of books align on an idea I’d never even considered before, creating a through-line that is resonant andContinue reading “Themed Recommendation List: Cultural Memory”
- Is Tony Soprano Dead? [The Sopranos] (Season 6B)I mean of course he was going to die. One of my biggest entertainment wishes is to go back in time and watch The Sopranos finale live. I want toContinue reading “Is Tony Soprano Dead? [The Sopranos] (Season 6B)”
- Ranking [Star Wars] FilmsI love ranking things (as you can tell from a lot of my prior posts). But I have stumbled into a contentious debate with this particular list. However, I decidedContinue reading “Ranking [Star Wars] Films”
- The Veil Of Truth [Uncut Gems]When writing about Uncut Gems one writes about its stress-inducing, anxiety triggering plotline, as I did after I first watched it. However, after almost a year, I think there wasContinue reading “The Veil Of Truth [Uncut Gems]”
- Themed Recommendation List: 60’s California Drug CultureAs any good nerd, I find unmatched joy in making rich connections between the many media I may be consuming at any time. My usual routine is to be readingContinue reading “Themed Recommendation List: 60’s California Drug Culture”
Seinfeld went off the air in 1998. That is officially 22 years ago. And yet, Seinfeld-isms abound in our modern lexicon- words and phrases that were either invented or given a boost into the realms of common slang by the show. Language changes rapidly. Just imagine if someone was saying ‘groovy’ or ‘square’ or ‘far-out’Continue reading “The Language of [Seinfeld]: 22 Years Later”
The closing scene of Mindhunter season two lasts one minute and nine seconds. One minute and nine seconds of the freakiest shit in television. When I first watched this scene, I behaved like a person pretending to be a person watching a horror movie. I turned away. I grabbed my hair. I covered my eyesContinue reading “The Closing Scene of [Mindhunter] (Season 2)”
Nobody in The Sopranos seems to know any correct idioms, colloquialisms, adages, or allusions. They are a font of malapropisms. This inclusion in the writing is a nice ode to the street smarts versus book smarts element of the show. What follows is a dictionary of some of the best (not all) of The Sopranos malapropisms, misnomers,Continue reading “Dictionary of Malapropisms [Sopranos]”
According to Screen Rant, the mysterious Player X played by Michael Cera in Molly’s Game, is actually, probably, most likely, none other than…Tobey Maguire? I don’t phrase that as a question because I don’t think it’s true. Their argument is convincing, and you should read the article if you remain skeptical. But the implications of Tobey MaguireContinue reading “Tobey Maguire is Player X? [Molly’s Game]”
Insults in Succession are a microcosm of the dark comedy culture the TV show creates. Some are hilarious, others are devastatingly cruel, lots are both. But they are enmeshed in the fabric of the show and the characters complex relationships to each other. Most of the characters in Succession do not have the time, desire,Continue reading “Best Insults In All Of [Succession]”
Follow My Blog
Get new content delivered directly to your inbox.